Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sleepwalking...


As a kid I used to sleepwalk ALL the time. I would leave my apartment and just walk up and down the halls. My parents and my neighbors came to expect it so I was always returned promptly.

In sleepaway camp, I once left my bunk and caused quite a stir. I had most of the camp up in the middle of the night looking for me. Turns out I left my bunk and walked across to another bunk and found an empty bed and curled up in it and continued to sleep. I had NO idea what happened. I was about 6. I woke up with one of the male head counselors holding me and carrying me back to my bunk. Oops. It didn't happen again in camp but I know I did give everyone a scare since I was just gone for a few hours.

As I got older, I didn't really sleepwalk anymore. It just seemed to stop. There were times where I would be half awake kind of and get up but I never remembered. I was always told later.

Last night the sleepwalking came back. I woke up around 4am and my room was really warm and I was uncomfortable so I went to the living room and set up camp on the couch with a pillow and blanket. I remember going back to sleep on the couch since I was really sleepy. I woke up in my bed this morning. I have absolutely NO recollection of going back to my bed. My pillow and the blanket were also back in my bed. I remember NONE of this. I woke up all startled because last I had remembered, I was on the couch. It really was a shock because nothing like this has happened to me in like 10-15 years....at least that I can recall. I wonder why all of a sudden this came back. I wonder if it'll happen again. I guess I'll find out.