Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just a little mish mash of things...

I know I still have Thanksgiving food pics to get to...patience my friend....you'll get em before Hanukkah...I promise. Besides, I'll have to make latkes (potato pancakes) for Hanukkah and I'll have to post those.

I saw Beowulf in 3-D on Monday...I recommend it. It was visually stunning and they did justice to the story...just the dialogue was a bit meh but I was so wrapped up in the visuals that I was ok with it. So yeah..see it...in 3-D though. I went with an old friend....which is a story I'll share now...

My dad dated a woman after my parents got divorced. He was with her for a while but in May of 1990, she passed away. She had lukemia and went for a bone marrow transplant but it was not successful. She had a daugter who was like my sister. There's an 8 year difference between us and for a while she was annoying as hell and I was just kinda mean to her. I used her as my toy. I would do her hair and play with make up on her...she was my life sized doll. It was great...in fact, she's not even scarred by it...so that's good. Well, after her mom passed away, she was 5 at the time, she went to live with her father in LA and I didn't see her as often but I travelled out there a lot and she came her to NY a lot so we kept in touch. She's a great girl and there are patches where we didn't talk too often but nothing really ever changed. I still think of her as a part of the family and always will. Well, she's the one I spent all day Monday with. I haven't seen her in a while and this is the first time I didn't think of her as a kid...she's 23 now and I felt like this is the first time I was actually hanging out with an equal. It was fantastic. We had a great time. At the moment, she's living in FL with her father (he moved there a few years ago) but she'll be coming back to NY in Jan to take classes and will be here for a while. I CAN'T wait! So, that's that story.

Now, today...I went to Home Depot Expo and I swear, I fell in. It was like I was there for a week. I went to help my father pick out his shower for the master bedroom in his house. (most of you know but I guess not all that my dad has been renovating a house for what feels like forever). So, yeah...shower head...easy, right? yeah....NO! My father had to go for a huge ass shower head from the ceiling that rains down on you and then there are the body spray things that come at you from all angles AND the hand held shower head. geez.....it's insane. The guy printed out the itemization of everything...there were about 15 things on the list. So much for shopping for something simple. I also helped him pick out a ceiling fan...that wasn't too bad....the one eyed guy helped and he was really nice. Creepy to look at eye to eye....but nice. Oh and Ram is the guy who helped with the shower stuff. Soon I get to go back with him to look at sinks and....toilets! WOOOHOO...I KNOW you're all jealous.

After fun times at Home Depo Expo, had to go to Lowes to just get some phone wire...not so bad...but right around the corner is Gasho...a habachi steak house like Benihanna. So, since we hadn't really eaten all day....perfect place. YUM. Had Filet Mignon with all the veggies and fixins you get, habachi rice, salad and soup....I ended it all with some rainbow sherbert....I was a bit piggish but I was still hungrey. It was good....but....there was a nasty fat guy at the next table and he kept blowing his nose REALLY loudly in his CLOTH napkin. I was having some issues with this. I think it's fucking NASTY. *shudders* I just kept hearing HONK HONK....and I was just thinking about the napkin on my lap and where it's been. Yeah..my mind wanders. Sorry for the bad visual...if I had to suffer...so do you. :)

OK, I rambled enough. I'll post those food pics tomorrow or Fri. I also have lots of pics of the house from way before to what it looks like now so I'm gonna get that together too. Problem is...a lot of the pics are on my phone. I'll get there. I will. Work with me. Hope everyone had a good hump day. Ciao for now...

OK I have a P.S...I forgot....so, Beowulf was in 3-D so it cost $3 more...fine. I always had to give the glasses back at the end so when the movie was over, I asked an usher where the glasses go...he said they were mine to keep. Just what I needed....my very own pair...the usher told me that the reason I paid the extra $3 was for the glasses. Great....so I asked him if that means that if I keep them and bring them to the next 3-D flick I see, I'll save $3. His answer....of course...no, I won't save $3. Well, it seemed logical to me. I guess the movies aren't logical. Oh well. Now I'm done...for real.

Powered by ScribeFire.