Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm taking a break...

Unfortunately, I got some really bad news today. A good friend of mine is in critical condition in the ICU with a brain aneurysm. She's stable but it's still not great. I'm told she's going to have some non invasive procedure to try to fix it and if that doesn't work...surgery. The doctors are optimistic...or so I'm told but it's still a rough road ahead. Honestly, I feel kind of numb at the moment as well as feeling a bit impotent since she's in LA and I'm here in NY. I feel like there's absolutely nothing I can do but hope everything is ok. Anyway...I just really don't feel like posting but I'll be back. So please...everyone just hope she's ok and put her in your prayers or whatever it is you do. I appreciate it.

UPDATE: First off, thanks guys...second...she had surgery, she's ok and stable. She'll be in the ICU for at least 2 weeks but it looks like she'll be ok. So far she's been sedated and on pain pills and she's a bit of a demanding patient but it's all good. I hope to try and make a quick trip out to LA when she's feeling better and up to seeing people. :)