Wednesday, November 07, 2007

2 things....


First...the vehicle in this pic perplexes me. It's a Lincoln pickup truck. Now...being from NYC, I don't really see the need for a pickup here but I do understand that there are many reasons to have them. I can respect that. I just do not understand why Lincoln makes one. Who is this geared towards? When I think Lincoln, I think gypsy cab or some rich person being driven by their driver but this is in a town car...not a pickup. So, if you have any insights on this monstrosity...let me in on it. I'd appreciate it. I keep seeing them here and I just don't get it. Also, my friend in LA tells me they are ALL over there. I also don't get the need for this in LA.

Second...yesterday was election day and I was #19 to vote in my district. I voted around noon. I walked into the voting booth and I actually laughed. The only thing to vote for were a few judges and there were the same names running unopposed in the Democratic and the Republican lines. I had NO idea who any of them were. It kinda felt like a bit of a waste but it is my right to vote so I will continue to do so. I've never missed an election. I once missed a primary because I had the flu. I think it's really important to vote. I know a lot of people think that their vote doesn't count but I can tell you...they do. During the 2000 election, I was entrenched in my boss' race (NYS Senator) and I was so involved in it, I was having a hard time keeping track of the Bush/Gore debacle. I'll say this...those results were finalized before the results of my boss' race. It was intense. It went to paper votes and it really showed me how much each vote really does count. The election came down to a difference of votes in the double digits. There were a total of about 20,000 votes and it was THAT close. Anyway, I don't want to babble too much.

Well, those are my 2 things. :)