Friday, February 23, 2007

It took her this long to figure it out?




After helping popularize UGGs, Pamela Anderson is now boycotting the boots after learning they're made from real sheepskin.

"I'm getting rid of our Uggs," Anderson, 39, writes in her online diary.

"I feel so guilty for that craze being started around Baywatch days – I used to wear them with my red swimsuit to keep warm – never realizing that they were SKIN!"

It seems Anderson, 39, thought the boots' woolly lining was attached to a synthetic backing. In fact, the boots are made from sheepskin with the fur intact. "I thought they were shaved kindly," she writes.

"People like to tell me all the time that I started that trend – yikes!"

A longtime animal-rights activist, Anderson suggests starting a new trend. "Do NOT buy UGGs! Buy Stella McCartney or Juicy boots – I'm looking for alternatives myself for my boys and the men in my life! I'm designing some right now for my family and will try and have some available on my Web site soon."

Still, she admits that wearing UGGs was an easy option. "It's what I grab by my door in the mornings to bring my kids to school or walk my dog on the beach at 6 a.m. or anything early – I've definitely over used them – and that's it!!!!"

UGGs reps did not immediately return a call for comment about Anderson's Web post.

Ok, so I have to comment on this. This woman is a moron....so for years she had no idea she was wearing sheepskin boots? Well, sorry Pam but it's all over their site and it's on the box and the materials in the box as well. That said, I am going to weigh in on the UGG. I love them. I wear them in the winter to keep my feet warm...nothing else. Before I had them, my toes would get numb and so cold. Now, I can keep warm. They should NOT be worn with skirts in the summer and they are not a fashion statement...they are a way to keep warm. Ok, I'm done.