Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I know it's been a while but I wanted to give al ittle bit of an udate...

I think there are still like 2 of you who pop over on occasion...lol

So, a quick health update. My stomach seems to be getting better since I've tried several different combinations of meds. I think I got the right one. We'll see. Though, as a result of all the stomach issues, I've lost over 30 pounds...glad that I lost the weight but not happy about the way it was lost.

I thought everything was going along ok and I was just waiting for January 21st to arrive because I have an appointment at the Celiac Center at Columbia Presbyterian. This appointment is supposed to finalize whether or not I do have celiac disease. I hope I don't but if I do, I'll have to deal with it.

Had a minor setback on New Year's day. The Tuesday before NYE, my father had a horrible stomach virus...I'll spare you all the gory details but it but him in bed for about 24 hours. My dad said he never felt so awful in his life and I felt so bad for him. Well, I wake up REALLY early Thursday morning, I'm talking like 4-5am and well...I have the virus. I want to kill my dad. Mind you, he still isn't ok. He's a lot better but not ok. This bitch lingers. In the late afternoon, early evening on Thursday, my dad comes to check on me to make sure I'm still breathing...he doesn't like what he sees. He said I looked really pale and just didn't look good. We call the dr and he says that a lot of his patients have this and if it gets really bad and I get too dehydrated, I'll have to go to the ER for fluids. A little while later, I feel awful and I can hardly stand up. Off to the ER...I got there, had a blood pressure of 60/40...let me tell you...that does NOT feel good. It also scared the shit out of me when I heard the dr tell one of the nurses to make sure that my heart doesn't stop beating. Well, I needed a lot of fluid. I was still dehydrated after 2 litres of fluid but I was feeling MUCH better. It took a little over a week to get back to feeling like a human being but I got there. That was one brutal virus and it's about the closest I ever want to get to death for a LONG time. It was scary as hell but it turned out ok.

For now, I'm feeling ok but sometimes it is one day at a time because some days I feel awful and have horrible stomach pains but those days seem to be less and less. I am ready for them to just go away completely.

That's pretty much all I have so far. Unfortunately it wasn't a great beginning to 2009 but I hope it only gets better. From now on, I don't want to share tales of medical issues and drama...I want to share good things. I'll keep ya posted. Sorry for the long hiatus.