Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Thoughts on Valentines Day...

This card is from Post Secret and it pretty much represents how I feel about Valentines Day. It is not that I have any issue whatsoever with romance....in fact, I think it's a wonderful thing. I just think that a person should do something sweet or romantic whenever they want to. I think it's so much more special to receive flowers or some kind of gift from a significant other on a random day just because than to receive them on Valentines Day. So, I do resent Hallmark and the other commercial companies who reap the benefits of making a killing by commercializing Valentines Day. I will add that I do feel this way about a lot of holidays. I feel that commercialization takes away a lot of the meaning and makes the holiday about the "things" rather than what the holiday is about in the first place. Ok, I am getting off my soap box now. I just thought I'd let everyone know how I feel about this day. Oh, and it has nothing to do with me being single that I feel this way. I have felt this way whether I am single or in a relationship. I am the person who will stick a silly little love note or a kinky little suggestion in my man's coat pocket for him to find later and I will do this on a random day because I feel like it...not because it is dictated by Hallmark. I also don't fault those who enjoy this day....so enjoy and eat that chocolate. Ok, I'm done for real now. *MUAH*