Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bucky Dent..the beginning of an obsession.


You are now looking at Bucky Dent...he played for the Yankees in the late 70s and early 80s. He is famous for a home run he hit during the playoffs against the Red Sox and that lead to their demise (but that happened a lot). Well, he was my neighbor when I was growing up and he used to give me candy and gum. Of course this is the way to a little girls heart. It was then that I became a Yankee fan. He used to tell me to watch him play and he said he'd hit home runs for me. He was a good guy and a bit of a playboy. If you want to read more about him, here is some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky_Dent

As you may have guessed, this is the beginning of many Yankee posts. I have a nice bit of info and some nice pics. So, I hope this is fun for others as it is for me. So, enjoy some Bucky Dent and soon it will be time for game 2 of the playoffs. Moose (Mike Mussina will be pitching for the Bronx Bombers tonight. As for the Tigers pitcher...don't know yet and to be honest, don't much care. I'll try to give some updates. I'm also gonna add some other things in. I don't want this to turn into a Yankee haven...not that there's anything wrong with that.